03 febrero, 2009

LINKING WORDS

LINKING WORDS 2 28

A 1. Despite 2. Due 3. Because 4. Although 5. Spite 6. However
B 1. e 2.d 3. c 4. g 5. a 6. h 7. f 8. b

LINKING WORDS 3 29

A 1 b 2 a 3 c 4 c 5 a 6 b 7 b 8 a 9 c
10 b 11 c 12 a
B 1 we took the car due to the train strike
2 despite the fact I was hungry, I couldn-t eat the snails
3 although the weather was rough, the boat set sail
4 the government resigned because the economy collapsed
5 they said the bridge wouldn’t last, but it is still standing.
6 Take my phone number in case you need it
C .... I’m writng incase you ever decide to go to Ireland . Despite the bad weather, ....
...... Due to it being an island.... It’s a pity that because I didn’t have/of not having much free time

Although/though/even though In spite of/despite
1.
2. Although I had never seen her before,
3. although it was quite cold.
4. although we don’t like them very much.
5. Although I didn’t speak the language,
6. Although the heating was on
although we’ve known each other for a long time
although I’d met her twice before.
2.
2 a. In spite of b.although 3 a. Because b. Althoug 4 a. Because of b. In spite of 5 a. Although b. Because of. 6 a he didn’t study b. He studied 7 a. I was hungry b. Being hungry.
3.
2. In spite of having very little money, they are happy
3.Although my foot was injured, I managed...
4. In spite of the silly story, I enjoyed the film.
5. Despite the fact that we live in the same street, we hardly ever see each other.
6. Even though I had an umbrella, I got very wet in the rain.
4.
2. It’s quite warm, a bit windy though.
3. I ate it though.
4. I don’t like her husband though.

No hay comentarios: