16 julio, 2013

NEW ENGLISGH FILE GRAMMAR CHECKER FOR ADVANCED

Revision file 5
5A gerunds and infinitives
a 1. going out  2. talking 3. do 4. waiting 5.to get 6. to tidy 7. not come  8. going 9. working 10. to know.

b. 1. seeing  2. calling 3. to read 4. locking 5. to turn 6. painting 7. to send 8. to learn.

5B used to, be used to, get used to
a 1. I usually go 2. we got used to drinking 3. √ 4. √ 5. used to  have 6. I'm used to it now 7. Did you use to eat .
b  1. get used to getting up 2. be used to eating 3. isn't used to making 4.used to spend 5. is used to be 6. used to wear 7.am used to having 8. isn't used to sharing.

5C reporting verbs
a 1. paying 2. to go out 3. not to walk 4.stealing 5. to give up 6. not to leave 7. taking 8.  not remembering.

b 1.suggested going 2. refused to eat 3.threatened to call 4.denied writing 5. asked me to go 6. remind Jack to have.

Revision file 6
6A articles
a  1. the 2. - home 3. - comics 4.-bed 5. a 6. - school 7. the 8. - prison 9.  a 10. the.

b  1.- 2. the 3. the 4. the 5. - 6. -7. the 8. the 9. the 10. -.

6B uncountable and plural nouns
a 1. X beautiful weather 2. X some lovely furniture 3. √ 4. X the police have 5. X new shorts 6. X the staff are 7. √ 8. X the homework was.
b 1. is 2. a pair of 3. look 4. try 5. √ 6. glass 7. some 8. some 9. progress 10. pair of glasses.

6C  quantifiers: all, every, etc
a 1. most of 2. no 3. everything 4. most 5. every 6. any 7. none 8. anybody.

b 1. either to France or to Spain. 2. neither of us 3. either on Friday or on Saturday. 4. both of my sisters could speak 5. neither of my parents.

Revision file 7
7A structures after wish
a 1.had 2. would live 3. would stop 4. would rain 5. bought 6. knew 7. would have 8. would turn it down.

b 1. I wish I hadn't left my wallet on the table. 2. I wish I had checked my watch. 3. I wish I hadn't bought a house in the city 4. I wish I hadn't dropped my phone. 5. I wish I hadn't been away for her birthday. 6. I wish I had had some sleep last night.

7B Clauses of contrast and purpose
a 1. despite 2. even 3. to 4. that 5. order 6. spite 7. as 8. Even 9. to 10. despite.

b 1. we wouldn't miss the train 2. she earns very little 3. the fact that the music was bad 4. it rained 5. not to be rude 6.  to greet the new staff.

7C relative clauses
a 1.√ 2. √ 3. X which was absolutely true 4. X who is very tall 5.  X to whom 6.X what I cook 7. √ 8. X whose suitcase disappeared 9.  X what I just said 10. X that I bought.

b  1.who is a professor at the university, is very clever 2. they sent us a Christmas card, which was a complete surprise 3. what he was trying to explain 4. I want to buy is a Mini 5. I spoke to was very helpful 6. which we bought years ago, crashes all the time 7. I saw in a shop yesterday isn't there anymore 8. too cold in my bedroom, which makes it impossible to sleep.


No hay comentarios: