28 noviembre, 2014
24 noviembre, 2014
1. foremost (adjective)
2. programme (noun)
3. capacity (noun)
4. fail ( verb)
5. better (adverb)
6. hard (adverb)
7. programme (noun)
8. which (relative pronoun)
9. practically (adverb)
10. schemes (noun)
11. displaying (verb)
12. work (noun)
13. those (pronoun)
14. amazing (adjective)
Exercise 3 GEORGE ORWELL
11 noviembre, 2014
Direct and Indirect Questions
1. Driving ?
2.What's going up in a hot- air balloon like?
4. driven a really powerful car?
5. travel in space?
6. not like public transport?
Can I ask if you like driving?
Could you tell me what going up in a hot- air balloon is like?
I was wondering how often you fly.
Do you mind me asking if you have ever driven a really powerful car?
I was wondering if you would like to travel in space.
I'd be interested to know why you don't like public transport.
4. A Present Perfect and Past Simple
5.A Polite Enquiries
06 noviembre, 2014
1. how long has she been studying Italian?
when did she begin studying Italian?
2. how long have you known Tom?
when did you first meet Tom?
3. how long have they been married?
when did they get married?
1. been sick since Tuesday.
2. married in 2009.
3. had a beard for ten years.
5. his new car nine months ago.
1.No, it's been six months since I ate in restaurants.
2. No, it's been years since it snowed here.
3. No, it's been a long time since I went swimming.
1. WRONG- HAVE BEEN MARRIED
2. WRONG-HAS BEEN RAINING.
4. WRONG- HAVE YOU ALWAYS LIVED.
5. WRONG- HAS KEN HAD.
6. WRONG- HAVE YOU KNOWN
1. How long has your sister been married?
2. How long has Carol been on vacation?
3. How long have you been living in
4. How long has it been snowing?
5. How long has he been smoking?
6. How long have you known about it?
7. How long have they been looking for it?
8. How long has she taught there?
9. How long has he been in love with her?
10. How long has he had it)
1. Jack has been living in
was born. Chicago
2. Mary has been unemployed since April.
3. Ann has had a bad cold for the last few days.
4. I have wanted to go to the moon since I was a child.
5. My brother has been studying languages in college for two years.
6. Tim and Jane have been working in
7. My cousin has been in the army since he was 18.
8. They have been waiting for us for half an hour.