A 1. She's brought a lawnmower to cut the grass.
2. She's brought a cat to catch the mice.
3. She's brought an axe to cut down the tree.
4. She's brought some glass to replace the broken window
5. She's brought a caravan to live in.
B 1... renovating houses.
2...to help me.
3... being alone.
4... looking for a new house.
6... talking to you
A 1. to catch the bus.
2. to post a letter/ some letters.
3. to have a bath.
4. to take some photos.
B Phrases which are possible: 3, 4, 5.
C 1 g 2 h 3 e 4 j 5 a 6 f 7 d 8 b 9 i.
30 abril, 2015
23 abril, 2015
2. In addition to being an enjoyable subject to study, history can help us understand the present.
3. The event was cancelled owing to the lack of funding.
4. Since we hadn't heard from you, we assumed you weren't coming.
5. The Pharaohs of ancient
were seen as gods as well as kings. Egypt
6. Although Herodotus was a very famous historian, little is known about the man himself.
7. I've lived in this flat since moving / since I moved to
in 2002. Madrid
8. The new law was passed despite the objections.
14 abril, 2015
2 Were it not so cold, we could walk into town.
3 Should our plans change, I'll let you know.
4 Should you experience any technical problems, please call the helpline.
5 Were I to be offered a promotion, I would stay at the company.
6 Had the weather been better, we would have stayed longer.
7 were it not for your help, I wouldn't have known what to do.8 Had my alarm not gone off, I would still be asleep.